The Intermountain Gas Company story began in 1950 when Nat and Myrtis Campbell read a newspaper article that piqued their interest in the natural gas industry. The company was incorporated that year. After five years of hard work laying the foundation for a new public utility company, Intermountain Gas Company received certification from the Idaho Public Utilities Commission on December 10, 1955. Then, on December 31, 1955, we connected our first five customers.
Since then, Intermountain Gas Company has grown along with Idaho. Today, Intermountain Gas Company is a natural gas distribution company serving approximately 320,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in 74 communities in southern Idaho. Intermountain is a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc., a multidemensional natural resources enterprise traded on the New York Stock Exchange as "MDU."